Ford Automobiles banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well guys I went ahead and got the Porter Cable 7424 Orbital polisher. It is great. I now have just about every backing plate size and style and just about every type of polishing pad that Autogeek sells for it. It does a wonderful job. If you watch the video it says to do about a 20 to 24" square and wipe it down. Do it! I was going so well with it and did the whole hood. I melted the Velcro pad to the Velcro backing plate. I have used everything from the real ruff Rubbing Compound to the finest liquid polish, also waxes from the creamy polish/wax stuff to the good just hard wax and it works good with all of them. I even have the 3" plates and pads for doing headlights. I will probably try it with one of the synthetic sealers in a couple of weeks.
Once you get the dead paint off your car and a good wax the quicky easy on/easy off products will work pretty good. As long as you are going over dead paint the easy on/easy off products won't last very long.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I melted the Velcro pad to the Velcro backing plate.
WOAH!!! That takes some talent there!:yikes: Tip, mark your backing plate so that you can tell that it is rotating, doesn't do much good if it's not spinning.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.