Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2014 Ford Explorer. This July, I put on new all season Nokia One 109V XL - 255/50R20 tires. Iv'e got 3600 km's on the tires now. The last couple days we've had some sleet-snow and the roads are ice covered in spots. I've noticed when driving on the highway or in town when the vehicle transitions from ice covered to bare wet or dry pavement, the vehicle kind of slips sideways slightly a bit. It's difficult to explain, but there is a split second of it feeling like I'll lose control of the vehicle.

On shear ice or pavement it does not do this.

I tried the traction settings dial from regular mode to snow mode and that made no difference. Speed also does not seem to make a difference (highway and on streets). I inspected the tires and do not see any issues. ABS light also is not on.

Any ideas on what this could be?

·
Administrator
15,597 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

I assume this did not happen before the new tires.

It does sound like the tires are loosing traction in the transitision Not sure if this is true any more and some tires were directional. They are only meant to be installed in one direction.

The other situation is the tire pressure needs adjustment. Maybe a pound or two lower

Action

Reactions: TBIRD430
1 - 3 of 3 Posts