Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, as most of you know if have been having a hard time getting my truck with the new motor swap to run...

so i talked to my expert mechanic ... he took a look at it and said i have to change every sensor off my old motor to the new motor i just put in.

Just one problem, first i no longer have the old motor was used as a core, second i checked the sensor on an auto site and the sensors are the exactly same, so what now!

so i shot over to car-parts.com and found out the 89 computer does not work with 90 motors, but there are two computers for the 90. So i found my problem ... the computer, now i have a new problem for the type of truck the motor came out of there was two different computers they are:

FOTF-T1A
FOTF-T2A

so how do i find out what ecm i need ... please help

Thanks

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
You are going to need the build date of the engine and the calibration level. If you have access to the vehicle it came out of there should be a tag on it near the PCM with a 4 digit code on it. That will help narrow it down. There should also be a CAL tag somewhere. Passenger door, under hood etc.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have access to the truck, the motor was sitting in a wharehouse ready to go

·
Registered
534 Posts
Im not sure but I have a 88 mk vii that had the standard speed density assembly and computer. I did the swap to mass air. The forum sticky helped me by adding comments, and one thing i remembered they said was there were two computers for my application, I dont remember the numbers,but I believe they were one number different like yours. One was for auto and the other was for stick. I thought that was strange caust trans was not computer controlled. Found out later It was just engine performance and each was interchangeable. Might be the same for yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Im not sure but I have a 88 mk vii that had the standard speed density assembly and computer. I did the swap to mass air. The forum sticky helped me by adding comments, and one thing i remembered they said was there were two computers for my application, I dont remember the numbers,but I believe they were one number different like yours. One was for auto and the other was for stick. I thought that was strange caust trans was not computer controlled. Found out later It was just engine performance and each was interchangeable. Might be the same for yours.
wait, you're on grandmarq.net aren't you? the same with a pic with dee snider?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts