Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about getting my truck repainted. its white and i like it but id rather it be black about what is the approx cost of this?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
$20 for 20 cans of spray paint.
but seriously, you won't know for sure till you go to a shop to get a free estimate.
the cheapest i found for my fairmont is 4000 even after i strip the old paint off, do all of the body work, and prime it myself. I repainted a 73 Cadillac (6 inches longer than a Suburban) with like 25 cans of spray. it turned out nice, but it wasn't professional...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about maco? i was goin to sand it down and do the body work to it. but u did paint a car with spray paint?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
yeah, but it al depends on your skill, and the climate where you live. maco is ok. they're not the worst. real question is, how long do you plan on keeping the truck?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thats a good question at least till i get outta of colledge wich is going to be a few since i just graduated. but i like it alot. so at least another four years. at least thats the plan.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
yeah maaco should be fine. if you treat her right, she'll last longer than you do...

·
Registered
184 Posts
it all boils down to you get what you pay for... I have been painting for 20 yrs... the best thing that I could recommend is , if you want the paint job to last, to save your money and get it done right the first time.... a cheap job should run from 8-900 and the sky is the limit for a good quality I have painted cars from 1500- 17000. the quality of the products used is a key as well

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well then if id go about buying the materials and doing this myself whats the cost of them

·
Registered
184 Posts
there are a lot of variables. its like buying a car, you can get a hyundai or a benz. anywhere from 200ish to 1500ish could be more depending on what you are starting with

1 - 9 of 9 Posts