Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, now that Poppy has broken the ice on things we do and do not have. I have noticed that when I am in the "Chat Room" I am able to share pictures, etc with the other users via the "Share File" option. However, when PMing another member I am not able to attach or share any type of file. The link is option is great, but is not convenient if I want to send a picture or a file to another member that is located in my computer. I am not sure if this is a security issue or just not an option available or practical.

I would greatly appreciate Robdog's insight and wisdom on this issue, as well as the other member's opinion on this.

Thank you :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
If possible I would like to see that feature turned on also, thanks for bringing it up MissInformation :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are referring to sending files back and forth within the chat room only, correct?
The one in the Chat Room is working great, but I was referring to Private Messaging. A while back I needed to send a *.pdf file and was unable to do so in Private Message Mode.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Robdog,

Could we "revisit" the subject on attachments in Private Messages, if you are not too busy.

I appreciate any assistance.

Thank you kindly :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Had no idea there was a chat room... Is there a specific time where ppl gather in it??

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Sometimes I'll open two browsers and open chat in one of them, then go on about my business. Then if someone shows up, I'll hear them and bounce over to the browser with the chat open. I'm not on it often, so I can't say that I have noted when it is most often busy.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been to several Vbulletin sites and can not send files via PM.
Thank you for that insight.

So this would be a feature that is NOT possible for Robdog to incorporate into the Private Messaging?

·
Registered
649 Posts
There is an attachment plug-in, but it seems to be really buggy. I will add it to the list of things to do for this site.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is an attachment plug-in, but it seems to be really buggy.
Hummmm......buggy in a dangerous way or buggy in an annoying way? :crazy:
I will add it to the list of things to do for this site.
Thank you for your assistance, it's always appreciated.... :)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
It would be nice to have this feature if it works good.

I have a Gmail account that I have for this site just for instances like this, MissInformation has sent me a few things this way and I posted them. Thank you again for the files you sent me.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Robdog,

Could we "revisit" the subject on attachments in Private Messages, if you are not too busy.

I appreciate any assistance.

Thank you kindly :)
Missy,
Thanks so much for staying on top of this. Just the other day I wanted to send someone an avatar by way of PM and couldn't. It would have been perfect for her. Well, at any rate, I hope that RobDog can figure a way to make it happen.

:thumbsup: :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Missy,
Thanks so much for staying on top of this. Just the other day I wanted to send someone an avatar by way of PM and couldn't. It would have been perfect for her. Well, at any rate, I hope that RobDog can figure a way to make it happen.

:thumbsup: :)
Well you can always send it via email( which is often considered as snail mail these days boy have we gotten spoiled). Then there's always the chat room..Or there's numerous peer to peer programs you can use like Yahoo messenger,ICQ, & MSN instant messenger.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Then there's always the chat room.
Good point, however, there is a 512kb size limit to what can be shared and you and the person or person's you wish to send the file to need to all be in the Chat room with you at the same time, which it not always possible.

Thank you again for the files you sent me.
You are very welcome, I was glad that I was able to assist with the OBDII Computer Codes and appreciate the acknowledgment given to both myself and D.Acker.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts