Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I used the pump in the picture with clear tubes,top in the reservoir and bottom in the empty jar.After pumping the fluid I put Ford XT-5-QM MERCON-V Automatic Transmission and Power Steering in there up to line under the max line and drove around the blocks.I did again and again till fluid was clean red bright color,I used 2 quarts.I jacked up the front tires and I turn the key(not starting)and I did the 15 to 20 times left to right and right to left turns.I started the truck and did the same thing again.I did this a few of times after driving around ,check the reservoir and the fluid is bubbling,never had any noise at all.I should have drain it from low pressure line,didn't I?
Will this boiling fluid will go away or not?

·
Administrator
15,394 Posts
Will this boiling fluid will go away or not?
May be, and air in the system will get mixed up again causing smaller bubbles.
I think filling using vacuum like filling a brake system would yield less air.

Action

Reactions: scrambledlife

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have drained it by removing low pressure line and plug it but I missed it.Should I go ahead and do it that way.
Can the air from break line will mix with this?
I should be hearing some noise even when I have the truck jacked up and turning it,right.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think if I flush it from low pressure line and top it off the reservoir ,the air bubbles will come out with fluid(which I should have done that from beginning).

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I finally got a replacement for Mityvac Silverline Elite and Mityvac Ford Power Steering Adaptert (first package was a return one,the vaccum rather than pulling was pushing air on vacuum position and was popping the adapter out ).I am bleeding it, like it says on manual and the video and so far the fluid is boiling like before.Like I said before no leaks anyware that I know.I did 3 or 4 times so far.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After trying a few ways (which mostly were making money off the youtube).I returned the tools and got my money back,the tool does not have enough power to pull the air from back of the line(but they never say that on their video and people try and does not work.When ask in comment section they tell them ,bring the car to one
of our place to fix it.But ,good lord helped me to see this video and I followed it the same way and you should see the bubbles.Like you said Action ,this is like doing the brakes ,only turning the wheel and pushing pedals a few time in the middle rather pushing pedal(I hope I am right).After I was done ,starting the truck the fluid went down to fill the lines and the brakes are much better now.The rest will go away hopefully like the end of video said.Crossing my fingers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts