Ford Automobiles banner

Pull Diagnostic Codes OBD-1 Pre-1996 Fords

How-To: 
73K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  westjensontexas 
Again, thanks for the education, I'll print this off and study it.

One thing you mentioned caught my eye, and both times when the 351W decided to die on me, I was shifting the automatic transmission. First time I had shifted from highway running to 4WD low range to climb a long driveway, second time I was climbing a long hill at around 45 mph and decided to manually shift into second gear just to give the motor a break, and shortly thereafter it began to cough. Thankfully on that second time I had crested the hill and was able to coast through the stop sign (after carefully looking both ways, no cars anywhere to be seen) and coasted all the way down to a nice safe place.

I'll read through the info and we'll be taking the Bronco out for a test run. After replacing what I did so far, she started up nicely as soon as the filter was full. I am going to cut that old filter in half just to look. It is all drained now as I've had it set out for a couple days to be sure.

regards,

Dogsharks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.