Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! A buddy and me are planning on adding cruise control to his 2008 CVPI that didn’t come with cruise. All we have to do is source a cruise control steering wheel and get an PCM reflash to enable cruise since everything is already prewired from factory. My question is can we just source the parts off a 2009 CVPI with cruise and just swap the PCM or will the difference in years affect anything? I’m not sure if anything changes from 2008 to 2009 when it comes to the powertrain. Thank you so much for your time!!

·
Administrator
15,445 Posts
Most PCMs are very different from year to year and with different power trains and other functions.

Based on 2008 CW with 4.6l engine there are 58 variations. Getting the correct software is important
Ford - Ford, Lincoln & Mercury (fs1inc.com)

Action

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most PCMs are very different from year to year and with different power trains and other functions.

Based on 2008 CW with 4.6l engine there are 58 variations. Getting the correct software is important
Ford - Ford, Lincoln & Mercury (fs1inc.com)

Action
Ouch that’s what I was afraid of. In that case it would be best to just reflash the existing ECM since it would be too risky to just swap PCMs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts