Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed on my 65 that I'm leaking antifreeze down low on the radiator, when I first start up it will leak a little then once warm it will stop. Is there a quick fix are am I better off get a new one

·
Registered
262 Posts
If it's leaking from the fins of the radiator. Replacement is what needs to be done. If it's leaking from a neck or the sides where you have solid metal... You could try & braise the leak closed& then pressure test it.....But if that doesn't work you'll have to replace it anyhow...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yeah, it really does depend on where it is leaking, and why. If the radiator is old and worn out, it will certainly be less repairable than something newer. There are repair options, recore options and new radiator options. Just depends.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You really want to get an aluminum radiator to replace the old copper pos. But for now you can get buy with JB Weld as long as you have a full day to let it cure and can access the leak.

Check out Champion Radiators on Ebay. Give them the dimensions of your radiator and they will make an aluminum rad for just over $200. I love mine.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts