Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is going to be a little rag session for a brief moment:
I've been using Rancho products since the mid 80's. I have shot a few emails to them asking what setting the RS 9000 would be on to meet the feel of the Rancho 5K. Not one response in an approx 10 to 12 month period. Great products pretty bad email customer service.
Anyway does anybody know the approx match setting of the 9 settings on the 9000 to meet the 5K?
Also since I've always used the 5K would there be any benefits to running one set softer and one set stiffer?
____________________:mad2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
You didn't mention the vehicle information. The 9000 series is designed for heavier vehicles. So while you might get a comparable seeting for the 5K series, without sufficient weight, the 9K will not perform the same.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's on a 2008 Escape. Carl Jantz who is a profession Rock Crawler and engineer, builds and designs crawlers choose the 9000's and it's a great shock. I 've used every setting and there is a big difference from 1 to 9.
I'm going to be putting my new struts on shortly, and I'll just mess with the rear shocks until I get the setting I like. I'll be heading to MT Rainer and ST Helen's next week and I think I'll play around with the settings. Lot's of open trails...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts