Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i need a new rad for my truck ... off to the bone yard i go ... oh what do i see 6 of the same year trucks with the exact rad i need ... but wait what is that on the window ... CASH FOR CLUNKERS ... OBAMMAAAA!!!! have yet to find one i can buy! ... checked 35 yards so far ... W .... T ..... !

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
That's going to be an issue I am sure. The government paid for the vehicles so in fact they still own them all. At least that puts an asset of sorts to go with the bucket loads of money spent on them. Should Obama get into the business of parting out cars? I am chuckling here , because it seems like a good fit. But seriously. The government should now put all those cars up for bid and cut the losses. That's how I would run the program.....but I am not a bureaucrat so it would make sense to me.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm just glad they didn't do it in Canada. I was so upset when I started hearing about some of the really nice cars that were traded in under this program.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I loved the cash 4 clunkers considering I got $4,500 for my POS S10 with 170k miles on it. However, I can feel your pain when you see a car with parts you want and you cannot get them because of this program.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The program did get alot of Obama bumper stickers off the road.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
the yards around me got them from dealers that weren't sure what to do with them. the order was to destroy the vehicles. the mechanics at the dealership (all 30 including myself) cried when we did it the way the EPA and DC said. kill the engines by any means necessary.

started with a pumice soap, like fast orange in the fuel tank. if that failed, SAND. If THAT faild, drain all fluids (oil, coolant, trans) are run the piss out if it. then send it out a junk yard to be crushed.
as far as i remember, there is nothing stopping you (legally) from taking parts from them if the parts are still good.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i asked here , and they said they cant sell anything on them ... dont know why ... didnt ask just said screw it ... not worth democratic bureaucracy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts