Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How wide, drum to drum is the rear diff on an Aerostar? I was looking at a wrecked van my friend has as a possible donor for my Mercury Zephyr project, since these vans are a trailing arm/coil spring setup. I think the other question would be, what are the widths of the mounting points for the control arms and spring pockets? Just want to make sure it would be worth my time grabbing this diff.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
why don't you look at it with a tape measure? write down the numbers, and measure the one in your zeph...

·
Registered
659 Posts
[FONT=&quot]I'm suffering from Deja Vu and Mad Cow at the same time today and I think I have forgotten this before.... so don't listen to me......:idea:
But, weren't the 1990 to 1995 Aerostar diff's about 59.75"?????

Although I do believe Jonzo has the better advise....
[/FONT]
why don't you look at it with a tape measure?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because measuring it myself requires laying on my back in a big mud puddle with it snowing, so asking on here seems a lot less painfull....

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
fair enough. i dont happen to have one on hand, but i can check later this week for ya!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Because measuring it myself requires laying on my back in a big mud puddle with it snowing, so asking on here seems a lot less painfull....
OOOH....well in that case, if you'd like I will wander the mile or so up the road and lay on my back in a big puddle of mud while it's snowing here too and measure up the neighbours rear end....... :rolleyes:

PS....that is exactly how I met my husband.....

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
measuring up the neighbors rear end? that had to be interesting... lol

·
Registered
659 Posts
measuring up the neighbors rear end? that had to be interesting... lol
OOPS.... Now there's a Blonde moment!!!!! :blush2:

Suppose it would have been helpful if I had typed what I was actually thinking
measure up the neighbour's Aerostar's rear end
And just to show you all how stupid I am today, I am not even going to edit my original post to correct it......

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
That had to be an estrogen moment:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i'll look on saturday, or monday at the bone yard. do you want me to find out the space between the pumpkin and the ends while i'm at it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts