Ford Automobiles banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
(Posting update)
Took it to the dealership and it had to do with fuel door. Before the light came on the fuel door didn't open with the inside release button on that last fill up, so I opened it with the manual release in the trunk, the problem consisted that in order to open the fuel door with the manual release you have to have the car on so the computer works on letting the vapors out first, my car was off and caused a glitch with evaporative system, therefore causing the check engine light to come on, the reset the computer without charge. I didn't think was related because I was under the impression that manually opening the fuel door was completely a mechanical procedure.. Once again thanks again for all of your input 馃憤..

Registered
Thank you Good Sir. Had the exact same thing happen and your post got me back on the road. I'm an uber/lyft driver.

I had turned off the ignition before topping off the fuel last night. I got a 'fuel door error' message, but I just hit the fuel door button again and the door opened.
I could not fill up, so the valve must have been closed, and I also noticed some fuel around the filler cap as I tried again and again to pump fuel in.
Right after that I got the engine light, took it to a dealer and they pulled code P04B4-vapor control valve. I thought it had something else to do w/ emissions, not fuel tank.

Anyway, after reading your post, I tried refueling. This time I left ignition on while hitting fuel door button (contrary to manual). It worked, I could refuel to the top so the vapors must have purged.

Now my question is: Do I leave ignition on while hitting fuel door button contrary to manual? TW

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
馃憤 The fuel door button is an electrical component, so I think still works with the computer even after you turn off the car, it always worked fine for me that way, except that one instance that must've been a glitch, when you use the mechanical one in the trunk the car needs to be on so the computer knows what to do when the door opens..

21 - 23 of 23 Posts