Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Zephyrman has the right idea. - When I bought a 2002 Grand Caravan a couple of years ago, the headlamp lenses were almost opaque !:eek6: - Using an old trick I learned from Air Force 'riggers', I first got some 800 grit wet'n dry paper and a bowl of warm soapy water. -About ten minutes gentle circular rubbing on each lens( using lots of the soapy water ) improved it a lot. I then got a tube of old style whitener toothpaste ( this has a very fine grit in it) after about 15 minutes of gentle rubbing with the paste on a soft rag, my lenses looked almost new ! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Jonzo, - please tell us exactly what you refer to as "a good sealer" . I would like to try that , but have been afraid to ruin a good finish by adding something that I wasn't sure of - Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
To D.Acker - that was a good link thanks :thumbsup: That Autogeek is a cool site ! -Not sure if I'd be happy about putting a wax based product onto clear plastic though, so I'm going to research that a bit more. Nevertheless, Autogeek has many good products, so THANKS anyway -:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.