reverse sensors on 04 f150 not working | FordForumsOnline.com
  1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

reverse sensors on 04 f150 not working

Discussion in 'Ford F-Series' started by leeb, May 2, 2012.

1. leeb

leeb New Member

My reverse sensors on my 2004 (new body style) f150 super crew 4x4 stopped working. I have unplugged all of them and cleaned them.They all make a fast ticking sound when I put it in reverse with the parking brake on and put my ear up to each one. I hear no beeping inside the truck. My off button light stays on and will not shut off. I think it might be the Reverse Sensor Control module ,but I don't know where exactly it's at or what it looks like. Ford parts give me a bad picture of the reverse sensor system,and you can't tell where it's at.The parts dept. could not tell by the picture where it is either, and the ford shop would tell me without paying 95.00 to hook up the computer to it. I had Autozone check for any codes stored but none were found. Someone please help with this because I miss my beepers ! LOL :frown2:
  2. Dominick

Dominick Well-Known Member Respected Member

They sure hid the module I can't find it.
    He is a vague picture of the bumper and hardware.
    awww.trademotion.com_schematics_M_MA04950.gif
  3. leeb

leeb New Member

Thanks ! I think I found it under the driver side dash,above the emergency brake bracket,against the firewall. I have not fixed it yet.
  4. Graybeard

Graybeard Active Member

In the Windstar, and probably the Freestar, it's in right rear above fender well. I would expect it to be somewhere in the rear to reduce wiring.

Found the problem unit on the Windy by disconnecting, and comparing ohms readings on each terminal. One was different than the other three, and I found a bargain replacement on ebay.

This wold be a good time to invest in a Ford factory wiring manual. Should be low priced on ebay. I won't buy a CD, as it's probably bootleg, and may contain malware. If they would cheat Ford, they'll likely cheat you..
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  5. leeb

leeb New Member

I Fixed it ! I found one at a junk yard from a 2005 f-150 that had the reverse sensors on it. I called a bunch of junk yards before finding it. I had to drive about 35 miles to get it. I was going to pay 30.00 for it but the man drove a f150 , and he ended up giving me the reverse sensor control module ! He never had anyone ask about one before,and the dealerships said they have never sold one before !
  6. D.EVANS

D.EVANS New Member

I have a 2004 Ford f150 fx4. I have four rear parking sensors mounted in the rear bumper. Recently, they just stopped beeping in the cab when reversing. Reading up on other people who have had this problem, I tried this troubleshooting technique.

-Turn the key to the on position, and put the truck in reverse with the parking break on and a chalk behind the wheels to prevent roll-back. Put you ear to the sensors and you should hear a clicking noise. If you don't, then there is a bad sensor. Replace and the problem is fixed because they are wired in series so if one goes goes out they all don't work.

I have tried this and they all click. They all seem to be working (though one is a bit more quiet than the others.)

The light on the switch stays illuminated in the cab which says "off"

I found the control module underneath the steering column on the left wheel well and those connections seem good.

What could it be??
  7. leeb

leeb New Member

The control module went out, like mind did.