Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
You wouldn't feel a vacuum leak off idle, sounds more like tune-up time. Does it chug a bit when you pull out with it? What year is it, mileage, any other information you can think of?

·
Registered
109 Posts
What year Areo? and what engine are you running? Have you run the codes yet? Just a thought, my 90 Areo with the 4.0 engine was running alittle rough at a idle, ran fine when going down the road, the MAS Air sensor was dirty, cleaned it up and good to go.

·
Registered
54 Posts
bsr2002
By "at stop light" are you saying it idles rough when you hold brake pedal down?

Also I agree with other 2 here, More info would help bigtime, such as what year Aerostar, what engine size/type, miles on the vehicle, even what transmission could matter.

It could be many things from IAC & tired Plugs, dirty throttle body
& so forth, including vacuum leak you suspect, there are many places to look for vacuum leaks.

But if it does it more when you're on the brake pedal I'd start checking there 1st. Although More input would really help us here.
CIAO
FBp :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.