Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of a comparison between a 2011 vs. 2010 Super Duty pulling the same trailer in the mountains? More HP, vs more torque, but which one will do better?

·
Registered
248 Posts
There are a couple of videos online on the new SD. There is really no comparison between the two. The new SD will beat the old one, hands down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its HP vs Torque, with two more gears than my 01 has. A dealer has offered to let me make my own comparison with a demo, if I do it, I'll report. Do you have links to the sites you mentioned? BTW, my 6.8 has a Power Pack so almost identical numbers to the three-valve V-10.

Also any real world mileage figures? I get 14-15 with my 6.8, have heard high teens with the 6.2. Any substance to that?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sorry, when I talk Super Duty, I think about the diesel. That's where all the difference is made. You can go to Ford and see the videos.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't have a diesel, I have an asmatic response to the exhaust--and cigarette smoke.

Most likely due exposure to lots of second-hand smoke as an infant/child. I know others with this condition, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't have a diesel, I have an asmatic response to the exhaust--and cigarette smoke.

Most likely due exposure to lots of second-hand smoke as an infant/child. I know others with this condition, too.
exhaust from a gas engine is WAY more toxic than diesel smoke. the new 2011 shouldn't smoke at all in fact if its like the newer big class 8 trucks the exhaust is cleaner than the air its taking in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
He is right- The diesel does not smoke at all and I too have issues with air quality and this makes no fumes even idling. Plus the discounts now let you have the diesel without paying for it.

exhaust from a gas engine is WAY more toxic than diesel smoke. the new 2011 shouldn't smoke at all in fact if its like the newer big class 8 trucks the exhaust is cleaner than the air its taking in.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I own 2 V-10's. Both aged, one 99, one 00. The 00 when a pickup, would get 17 on a trip, but loaded as a utility service truck to 9900 gross, it does 12 consistently, still not bad if you think back to the days of the 460. And real close to the powerstrokes of recent years, they never impressed me for mileage. The 99 on the other hand is a poster child for the swine industry- as far as fuel economy goes.

·
Registered
435 Posts
One thing I did like about the 460s, they got the same mileage with or without a load. I can't remember but I think it was around 10MPG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts