Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

A friend of mine wants its Mustang Mach One back to its original state, and he's searching for a 428 big block, even to rebuild (he's a mechanic).

If someone have one, or parts for it, please make yourself known ;)

He's also searching for all the documentation possible about this engine.

Many thanks for him, it's hard to find a 428 in France. We'll manage the delivery part, don't worry about it.

Here's some pics!!

Wheel Tire Sky Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Plant

·
Administrator
15,394 Posts
The 428 CID is somewhat of a neglected engine. It was easier for Ford to make a 428 than a 427. So the 428 (7 litre) was rolled out in 1968. But a lot of attention is given to the 427 and 429.

Does your friend want a date correct one?

There are a few 428 engines in various conditions available on E-bay. Then there is this CJ with a late 69 code which would have gone into a 1970 vehicle.
1969 1968 1970 Ford 428CJ Cobra Jet Engine - Complete Rare find | eBay

Action

·
Registered
592 Posts
I bought some shell lifters for a friend's project several yearss ago from the guy. US telephone is his preferred way to reach him which is listed in the thread below, in several posts. Good guy and highly respected on one of the best forums for FE motors. Appears to have quite few.
JacksFordParts
Kevin

·
Registered
592 Posts
Also, if you're looking for a long block be certain about the heads; e.g. 14 exhaust bolt patterns for Mustangs and Cougars vs 8 bolt on full sized cars.
As to "docs" --see this site: fepower.net (a lot of the denizens from the site above haunt that place as well) and Barry's book is considered reasonably useful.
There are a LOT of myths about the FE architecture. Do plenty of research.
Also, there were far more 428s cast back in the day compare to true 427s.
Kevin

·
Administrator
15,394 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for all theses precious information! We'll call jack soon, I hope his number still the same.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Many thanks for all theses precious information! We'll call jack soon, I hope his number still the same.
Let me know if you cannot get in touch. I can try to PM him if you don't hear back. Even though his US area code is in the east, I THINK he's based farther farther west; can't remember but a few years ago I saw some posts about moving.
Kevin

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi! My friend and Jack get in touch yesterday, and it seems that a deal will come out soon. Many thanks again !

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi! My friend and Jack get in touch yesterday, and it seems that a deal will come out soon. Many thanks again !
You're welcome. Best of luck and keep us posted.
Kevin

Reactions: The Lion King
1 - 9 of 9 Posts