Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey bro's,

Been a ford dude all my life, cant and wont be swayed by chevy, Olds, or whatever. Had a MX-6 once which I hear inspired the probe. Thats my latest adventure and need all the help I can get so please be paitent with me if I ask a dumb question and if ever any of my knowledge can help any of you I'll gladly share it with ya!. Live in Spokane,Wa and love it up here.
Can't think of anything worth mentioning that would be considered a page turnner so I just say thanks for letting me in your fourm, and may all your days be better than mine!!!!:yesnod:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
<snip> so I just say thanks for letting me in your fourm, and may all your days be better than mine!!!!:yesnod:
Hey... we welcome all ages both young and old farts, so welcome! :)

I hope you get your wish, and I hope that all of your days are wonderful!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome aboard. You know that the Mazda ain't nothin but a Jap Ford. I remember a buddy that worked for a salvage yard and he would pull an engine from a Mazda, unscrew the Mazda tag on the valve cover and then attach the Ford name plate if he was working on a probe. That's the difference in that 4 banger. What the hell were those, 2.2's? Too many years and too many beers. I think I just thought of a song title.

LR

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey bro's,

Been a ford dude all my life, cant and wont be swayed by chevy, Olds, or whatever. Had a MX-6 once which I hear inspired the probe. Thats my latest adventure and need all the help I can get so please be paitent with me if I ask a dumb question and if ever any of my knowledge can help any of you I'll gladly share it with ya!. Live in Spokane,Wa and love it up here.
Can't think of anything worth mentioning that would be considered a page turnner so I just say thanks for letting me in your fourm, and may all your days be better than mine!!!!:yesnod:
actually it was the FORD EXP that inspired the probe, or should i say became the probe.
welcome to the site!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Hey you old fart, I was sure that you were right when you said "Had a MX-6 once which I hear inspired the probe." So I checked with the wiki and verified that you were correct.

Once again... welcome to the site! :)

From Ford Probe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Ford Probe was a coupe produced by Ford, introduced in 1989 to replace the Ford EXP as the company's sport compact car. The Probe was fully based on the Mazda G-platform using unique sheetmetal and interior. The instrument cluster and pop-up headlight mechanisms are borrowed from the FC RX-7. While it was sold worldwide as a sporty coupe, the Probe was intended to fill the market niche formerly occupied by the Capri in Europe, and although it was intended as the replacement to the Ford EXP, it was also considered a possible replacement for the Ford Mustang in the North American market as a direct competitor with the Acura Integra and the Toyota Celica. During that time, Ford's marketing team had deemed that a front-wheel drive platform (borrowed Mazda GD and GE platforms) would have lower costs for production, and also because the platform had been gaining popularity with the consumers.

Mazda MX-6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...The MX-6 was mechanically identical to the Mazda 626 and subsequently the Ford Probe. ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts