Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now that i've gotten your attention. I'm a bit confused, i was told that my s/c has a 8.8 from a mustang. But, by looking at the back cover it looks like the normal 7.5... what ya'll think..

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hummmm...I get the funny feeling that somehow by helping you Vamp_77, I will end up being at the butt end of a joke..... :rolleyes:

That being said, on the right hand side of your differential, on the cover bolt should be an identification tag with the axle size (ie 7.5, 8.8), gear ratio and stamping number.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The ID tag is usually on one of the upper bolts, and I don't see it there. It does look a lot like the 7.5 in my Zephyr, you could always take the cover off and measure the ring gear, since it looks like your cover is leaking anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
8.8's are more square, 7.5's oval. only have a couple pics of mine, just got it couple weeks ago and to lazy to go out to the garage and snap another one. but yours looks like a 7.5 to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
what year mustang? i believe they had an IRS at one point, so...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
it looks exactly like my cougar 7.5 that i put in my mont

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
So that's what a non New England car looks like.
they all look better than midwest cars. damn road salt...:prrr:

like in Chicago, 1/4 inch of salt for 1/8 inch snow, or less...:shocked:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Oh, I see that now. Nice pics. I'm not in that group anymore because they allow Chevy engine swap cars. I argued with Karl quite a bit about it. I help manage a new group that's Ford-only.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts