Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to add a dual reservoir to my 66 Cyclone 4 wheel drum brakes. Seems elementary. Dual cylinder for drum brakes. Disconnect the rear line from the 3 way block and bring it to the MC. Disconncet the line from the MC that feeds the left front and route it the 3 way block. No proportioning valve? Aren't the pressures from the dual reservoir cylinder for drum brakes equal?

LR

·
Registered
534 Posts
you definitely need a proportionong valve! you must maintain a 70/30 ratio of front to rear brake pressure. if you dont use one the rears will lock up long before the fronts making it unsafe in any condition and surface. my suggestion, buy after-market valve from dearborne classics. its adjustable. after instalation, you just need an empty parking lot.
hope this helps

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Lincoln,

This is a 4 wheel drum set up now with no valve in the system so that's what made me think that a proportioning valve wasn't necessary. So, right now one line from the MC goes to the left front. The other line goes across the firewall to a three way block that then goes to the right front and then to the rear so it looks like the rear is getting the same brake pressure as the front. I will look under the car to see if a valve is in line for the rear. Thanks for the input.

LR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts