Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some work done on my '03 Windstar ( the dreaded lean codes) and among other things the mechanic replaced the throttle body.
Now that I have the van back there is a slight hesitation when I take my foot off the gas pedal.
Probably a 1/2 second before the motor idles down. Ideas? thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,671 Posts
Hesitation means the lack of acceleration when the pedal is pressed down.

Taking your foot off of the pedal (Deceleration) should result in engine RPMs dropping or lack of acceleration.
Does the vehicle have a tachometer? If yes what does the RPMs indicate when taking foot off of pedal.

And taking it back to the mechanic that did the work would be a solution as well.

Action

·
Registered
7,048 Posts
I had some work done on my '03 Windstar ( the dreaded lean codes) and among other things the mechanic replaced the throttle body.
Now that I have the van back there is a slight hesitation when I take my foot off the gas pedal.
Did you Tech check this outhttps://www.fordforumsonline.com/threads/ford-windstar-freestar-imrc-failures-p2004-p2007-repair.12363/post-66110

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had a Windstar for many years. I would definitely start by removing the coil pack. They develop cracks underneath and causes surging and hesitation. Also check you spark wires. I was getting intermittent misfires at 30 MPH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts