Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I think I would try a high mileage oil they are supposed to rejuvenate seals, it can't hurt...
But it might be something as simple as valve seals witch can be changed with the heads on the motor.
It could also be rings that are stuck I believe there are additives for that...
Good luck

·
Registered
570 Posts
BG is great stuff. I have a can of the engine MOA & the 44K in my wife's Ford Explorer right now. 👍

Smoking could go away the more you drive her. Otherwise, if this is a true dual exhaust without a crossover pipe, removing & inspecting the spark plugs on that engine bank. Could be a simple carburetor mixture adjustment fix.

Great car & again, keep is posted.

-Jon in TX.

·
Registered
1978 Ford F-250 Super Cab With 351M/C6 Auto
73 Posts
Ran this system and I feel like my smoking is better, noticed my right tail pipe is still lightly smoking.

Changed oil back to original specs, previous owner had 5w30 full synthetic.

292v8
1959 fairlane 500 galaxie

it possible to post videos? View attachment 49666
Speaking of the oil, I would look into the need for a Zinc additive. The older flat tappet cams will be damaged if you don't put additives in the oil. I didn't know this and paid the price when I ate up my brand new motor in my 78 F250. With only about 5k miles on the new engine, I had to pull it and have the top half rebuilt again. Since then I put Lucas Zinc additive in it and it runs like a dream now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input i will check to see if it’s true dual exhaust hope as that treatment works through will help. It seems to get a lot better once warmed up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts