Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Has anyone solved the mystery around putting speakers in a 1963 falcon convertible? I don't really like the kick panels that are for sale. I was hoping someone had come up with a better solution.

·
Super Moderator
14,895 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

If you are looking to add only front speakers, what I have done is mounted speakers in the instrument panel facing down. They were concealed and the sound was OK. I have never owned a Falcon. I did this to a 1964 Galaxie 500 many decades ago.

I have heard of others mounting speakers under the front seat. However the speakers are small. With newer technology this may be possible.

Action

·
Registered
1963 Falcon Futura convertible v8 4 on the floor
44 Posts
I fabricated a console to support 2 quite large 3 way speakers which just fit under the dash below the radio. It works for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the following on ebay. Anyone know if they will fit under the front seats?

·
Registered
1963 Falcon Futura convertible v8 4 on the floor
44 Posts
Do you have bench or bucket seats?
I have bench, not sure if I could fit anything there...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I found the following on ebay. Anyone know if they will fit under the front seats? View attachment 48687
Dont know about the sound quality coming through all that padding you are sitting on, i have a 62 and i changed out the dash speaker with a twin speaker available through falcon parts.com its in their catalogue, and is a significant price increase and upgrade, made in the states. But I also have the luxury of rear speakers as I have a wagon
cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts