Ford Automobiles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2003 Windstar that I just bought last month, into Ford for the speed control recall. My switch was leaking, and they not only replaced the switch, the wiring harness, but also the module, to my suprise, after all it's 7 years old, and has 60,000 miles on it. My hat goes off to Ford for doing a complete recall, now everything is working just fine, at no cost to me. I will be using that dealership for my repairs. The second owner, and everything seems to be in good shape, they did a complete inspection, and came up with no recommendations, even the brakes were good. They could of recommended something, and made a few dollars, but they were honest enough to state everything was within specs. (Very lucky, as I only paid 3400 for the LX model).

·
Registered
944 Posts
I had a very similar experience with an Explorer. I expected the mid-morning "hard sell" phone call. It never came. They did the recall, and called it good. I'm more impressed than ever!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I too had the Vehicle Speed Control Recall done on both the old 98 Windstar and the new 02 Windstar at the same dealership. The same mechanic did the recall on both vehicle's about a few months apart. The Service Manager and the Advisor I deal with there even allowed me watch, both times.

I have found later in life that it is easier for people to point out the bad dealerships, without praising the better ones. I am happy to see that our 3 dealer experiences make up for that.

The best part about the dealership I deal with, is the parts department will even deliver parts to my home at no charge.

·
Registered
623 Posts
It is my job to recomend things that are need,whether it be wiper blades, serpentine belt or any of the many maintenence services we offer.BUT only if it is needed .I will never recomend anything a customer does not need or that I wouldn't do to my own vehicle.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It is my job to recomend things that are need,whether it be wiper blades, serpentine belt or any of the many maintenence services we offer.BUT only if it is needed .I will never recomend anything a customer does not need or that I wouldn't do to my own vehicle.
Phantom, you are the type of Mechanic it has been my pleasure to work with in my years as a Dealership Junkie.

Perhaps, I could have worded myself better.

In every walk of life there is the good and the bad. I was only trying to point out that it was nice to see people come away with a good dealer experience, knowing they have found a dealer they are comfortable with and confident in, because I believe theses are the experiences that should be mentioned more often. That is what makes a Good Dealership/Garage.

In a forum such as this it is too easy to let 1 bad experience sour it for everyone. I find people are much to eager and quick to jump on the band wagon, so to speak, about the bad experiences and bash the dealership, bash Ford, instead of just randomly pointing out the good ones.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Many of us in the automotive field try our best to let our customer know what is and what is not needed to keep your vehicle on the road, safely. I can honestly say that in the nearly 40 years that I have been with Ford, the three dealerships that I have worked for have had that attitude. Maybe that is why they retained there customers and grew new ones. :wink5:

·
Registered
906 Posts
I had the recall on our 98 Windy done, last month I believe, same thing, I was half expecting a list of stuff that needed to be done, nothing. I even asked the service advisor, he said, nope, everything checked out. I was relieved, because sadly, the past few years have been lacking in the maintenance area of the van:frown5:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yours did not catch fire because of the recall.
You allege that the recall was performed incorrectly.
Night and day.
Thanks for killing a thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.