Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so it was time for my buddys truck to go ... he wanted a new one ... his wife wodent allow it till the truck was dead ... so we decided to kill it ... so we thought! Out come the engine oil, out came the coolant ... and drained the tranny. and off the truck when to work ... and to my surprise he came home in the truck it was 20 miles one way to work ... and all the fluids still bone dry ... the tranny was struggling but the motor was still running ... we just sat there dumb founded .... WHAT NOW! we stuck a stick on the accelerator while wife was out ... it burned up the gas.

it just wodent die ... but finnaly a mount later ... we put the fluids back in the tranny finnally went from the run and he got a new truck!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sounds like a slant six I used to have....

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a Plymouth Volare with a six that overheated on the way home from my second shift job. It was winter so I let cool down enough to get the cap off and I crammed the radiator full of snow. I made it home but that car wouldn't die either. I don't think that Chrysler ever appreciated that engine enough

·
Registered
262 Posts
Color me simple.
But wouldn't it have been easier to disable the engine i.e take out the coil pack & just tell the wife the engine was done?? This way you could sell the engine & tranny for something..Or if you just wanted it gone. The local high school auto shop might be interested in it if you were going to donate it. Or there's always your local fire dept. I've donated cars to my fire dept so they can train on car fires or wrecked vehicles..

·
Registered
798 Posts
Automatic trans??????

That thing must have been treated with that miraculous oil additive that allows engines/trans to run forever with no oil or cooling.

I gotta call BS on this one.
Our car club does something similar every year for charity. We sell 1 minute time slots for when an engine will fail w/o oil or coolant.
The first year we didn't drain the cooling system, it lasted for 100 minutes w/o oil......the amount of tickets sold. That's when we discover that "Engines will idle a long time w/o oil". Since then we drain the cooling system too, \none of them lasted more than 40 minutes. Keep in mind the cars were not driven, they just sat there and idled.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if we had just pulled the pack ... there would have been no possible fun ... and we were both on the fire department ... so it ended up a pile of metal after we were done. and the tranny did take some damage ... actually alot after he got home and we filled it the fluid went instantly black ... burned the bands up , when it died we open here up and tried to tighten the bands ... the adjuster went completely tight and the bands were still loose.

so the tranny was smoked and that what finnaly allowed for the new truck ...

·
Registered
798 Posts
You're killing me here....40 miles on an automatic trans with no oil...it wouldn't even move....geeze!

Out come the engine oil, out came the coolant ... and drained the tranny. and off the truck when to work ... and to my surprise he came home in the truck it was 20 miles one way to work ...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pletchaj,
What Y'all needed was my youngest son. . . . He can destroy anything he puts his mind to whenever he wants to & he can do it in a variety of ways at will. In all fairness, he can also prolong most mechanical things way beyond any normal expiration point.
In addition he's got an incredible ability to repair stuff I have discarded in
the old WBIJ ("Why Bother, It's Junk") bin/ pile.

Right now he's in Service to the country keeping U.S. Army Junk functional & useable for our troops. I'm impressed how far his talents go in 2 opposite directions!

I think he has a knack or a gift . . . . :confused:

CIAO
FBp . . . . :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts