Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a v8 linkage ( supposedly the "correct one") for my '63. Every thing bolts up ok, except the pitman is a 1&1/8" spline, whereas I need the 1". The guy I bought the linkage from says I need to swap out the whole deal for the right one. My question is, can't I just replace the pitman arm for the 1" arm, or does the hole that connects to the linkage not match up? Falconparts.com says the pitman needs to be replaced, but I found a long time ago that throwing new parts at it doesn't always kill the beast.:mad2:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
If the 1" and the 1 1/8" arms are the same length you should be able to use it providing the other end is the right size for the joint. You must keep the same length for the turning radius of the arm.

·
Registered
338 Posts
have to say im kinda with just_ed, in all my dads projects we just throw a mustang 2 on it and call it good

·
Registered
9 Posts
not everyone has the money for a mustang II or unisteer set-up.

this is what someone told me on another board.

The centerlink for a 65 Falcon manual steer, is available from Falcon parts vendors. Only the 65 Falcon/Comet will fit, the 65/66 Mustang is too long. The centerlink I installed in my friends Falcon was from Falcon Enterprises. You will also need the 65 V8 pitman arm, that can be new or used.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,I forgot all about this. I called the guy who I originally bought this setup from, and he UPSed me the right one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah well my (check) book is gettin' empty building this thing, and I would like to drive it in the near future too.I 'll stick with the V8 linkage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i guess i should thank my lucky stars that my 60 came with a mustang II setup already installed from a donor mustang II...paid $600 for the car and that was delivered. the only thing im not sure how im gonna arrange the steering shaft and exhaust...any suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
ill snap a few when i get back from the dmv...gotta go register the wifes car...ill take as many detailed shots so you can see how it was installed

·
Registered
77 Posts
ill snap a few when i get back from the dmv...gotta go register the wifes car...ill take as many detailed shots so you can see how it was installed

Damn! another one lost to the DMV. its been months since he left for the DMV. did anyone get a chance to post bail yet?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts