Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting bugs, leaves etc. trapped in the weatherstripping on the outside of the windows on all 4 doors. Has anyone noticed this before? It looks like there is a gap where the weatherstripping touches the window and stuff gets caught in there.

I have a 2010 Escape Limited.

Thanks

Teddy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I just happen to have the same issue also just after picking up this new vehicle of mine at the dealer. I had rolled down the driver window and as I was rolling it back up before leaving the lot, I noticed a grinding noise, like a piece rock stuck between the weatherstrip and the window itself. Drove it about a 1000 km and took it in, both front windows scratched deep. Dealer replaced both front windows and weatherstrips.
I did look at it closely and when the window is up, the new weatherstrip is not seating tight against the window in the mid section as in the end sections. The strip remains open in the middle section, bound to catch about anything that comes that way. I'd say its an issue with the front window itself. It seems to be too curvy to allow a proper weatherstip sealing against the window. Dealer told me to ck it for possible dirt accumulation one in a while.

·
Registered
15 Posts
teddy I had the same problem with my 2010 Escape but only with the two front doors. The glass ended up scratch on the drive side. Dealer replaced the glass and both rubber trim pieces on the front doors under warranty. Not sure how long the new strips will last before doing it again. Like someone said need to keep the area between the windows and rubber strips cleaned. It appears to be a design issue maybe the glass?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts