Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. lemme start off by tellin the truth. It's my fault cause one night i was drunk workin on my car and while tryin to solder in my new turn signal cam ( which went perfect by the way) i appearently lost the stupid little metal piece that holds the turn signal in a neutral posistion until activated. Also my car was a column shift converted to a floor shift but still with neutral safety switch, If anyone has a good column from a manual car and would like to sell it please let me know because my gravity controlled left turn signal is killing me. Lol Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
wait, is the car manual, or automatic? i think the neutral safety switch is on the trans in all cars...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry man it's got a c4 in it and was always a automatic car on column. My problem is whoever before took the handle out of the column so everytime i wanna start the car i have to twist the column with left hand while holding key in start position with right hand to simulate the car bein in park, So i figured i'd put a manual column in to eliminate that and then having a flush column. I could bypass and make this column work but would like to put a manual column in. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Suggest you upgrade to a 1968 Galaxie tilt column and use a 1967 Galaxie steering wheel which matches the '67 Fairlane and fits the '68 column. This will get you a collapsing column, for safety, and a rag joint, easy maintenance, if you don't already have one. Makes it easy to add a power assisted steering gear later and eliminate the leaking original PS system or upgrade from manual to power steering. Want more info? Just ask I have lots of pictures.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sorry man it's got a c4 in it and was always a automatic car on column. My problem is whoever before took the handle out of the column so everytime i wanna start the car i have to twist the column with left hand while holding key in start position with right hand to simulate the car bein in park, So i figured i'd put a manual column in to eliminate that and then having a flush column. I could bypass and make this column work but would like to put a manual column in. Thanks
is 67 galaxie column the same?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The galaxie column don't sound bad but i put a new grant wheel in it, Which i'm sure the diameter of the shaft and splines may be the same I just figured the manual column would be a good alternative. I was just at the huge ford nationals in p a this weekend and the only thing i found was a total bare pretty rough manual column. Thought about buying it but the guy wanted $165 for it which i felt was to much for what i was getting. Still on the hunt though, thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts