Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I opened up the sunroof and then went to close it. It sounded like a little snap, like something popped out of place, and the sunroof won't close the last 2 inches. It really difficult to see up in the tracks. Is there some kind of clip or something that pops loose or undone that I can pop back into place so the roof works properly again?

2002 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer

Thanks,

Jay

·
Registered
890 Posts
does it move back again?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest, I haven't tried it yet cause my wife was pretty pissed off when it wouldn't shut. I'll have to try it when she gets back home later.

·
Registered
890 Posts
ok. because if it does you ruled out a few things, like the motor, and wiring...

·
Registered
34 Posts
The other day I opened up the sunroof and then went to close it. It sounded like a little snap, like something popped out of place, and the sunroof won't close the last 2 inches. It really difficult to see up in the tracks. Is there some kind of clip or something that pops loose or undone that I can pop back into place so the roof works properly again?

2002 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer

Thanks,

Jay
There is a way to reset the roof's travel. But it's been a long time since I saw it done at the Atlanta Assy plant. This may be the problem you have. I was trying to remember the company that made the roofs. In KY I think. Good Luck.
Try to make the roof go all the way back and hold it for 15 seconds, this may reset the roof travel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts