Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I have a 61 Ford Country Squire that I resto-modded (Coyote & 6R80 plus suspension upgrades) and so far no problems, except my tailgate window rattles. Seems like it is at the bottom when the window is up. What piece or pieces wear out I need to replace? Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
My guess would be a guide or stop being loose
Can you take the access panel off it from the inside to see the parts

·
Super Moderator
13,932 Posts
This website doesn't handle pdfs easily. I think you will have to click the attachment of the wagon rear door parts to view.

The glass are held in place by the runs on each side when the window glass is retracted. The basic part number for those runs are 422A20 and 422A21. These runs should have the fuzzy felt to hold the glass just like the side windows. The fuzzy parts may have worn out.

With the tailgate fully closed and the window fully extended, the window glass is held into place with weather strip attached to the rear body opening. That weather strip if worn will be difficult to find.

Action

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,932 Posts
I guess the question should be asked, when does the window rattle?
With the glass inside the tail gate?
Or with the tailgate closed and the glass fully extended?

Action

Reactions: TBIRD430

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good stuff guys. Thanks! The tailgate breakdown picture (pdf) is very helpful. Excellent question whether it rattles when up or down. It rattles when up (or fully extended)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts