Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of today I have been working my but off on this Futura.
I have radiator, tranny cooler, B&M Shifter, battery in the trunk, torque the suspension, parking brake cables, gauges, and console is what I have left.
The car goes next week on the 5th for exhaust and then I will be firing it up !!
The hood I have left to cut a hole in and paint as well....but I should make it by the Big Bash !!!

:cornut:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
if not, you can always just call it a custom ratrod...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
pretty....

·
Registered
684 Posts
I dunno, looks ready to go to me.......

·
Super Moderator
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, tomorrow after work I will be dropping the Futura off for the exhaust work and then picking it up after work on Wed. I cant wait.
Today I put oil in the engine and set the timing and mounted the distributor. Touched up on the the parking brakes. Last week I got my B&M Hammer shifter installed and just trying to work on the center console. Gettin it mounted and the gauges in it. Triming out the the new shifter looks easy and soon after that is done !!! I will fire up the engine !!!!

·
Super Moderator
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright !! I have the car back tonight from the exhaust shop. Man oh man !!! He did a very nice job. Looks great and fits perfect. For 20 years experience....it really shows in his work and if anyone needs his info I will pass it on.

Now time to make the baby make smoke !!!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
you have to get a video up soon...
by the way, are we gonna make a thread of the weekend just for pics after we're done?

·
Super Moderator
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you have to get a video up soon...
by the way, are we gonna make a thread of the weekend just for pics after we're done?
Yes and yes. I think we should have some pics for the bash and share the good times. Not only is there the show in Fairmont, there is one I believe on Sunday of the same weekend right here in Faribault.....we can raid that show too !!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Yes and yes. I think we should have some pics for the bash and share the good times. Not only is there the show in Fairmont, there is one I believe on Sunday of the same weekend right here in Faribault.....we can raid that show too !!
it'll be an annual thing, like sturgis, but instead of bikers, we're in the cars that run the bikers over...
lol j/k, or am I...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
we will rule the streets once again... they sold more total in the 6 year run than chevy sold the camaro the whole decade. hell the mustang 2 sold more than all the camaro's put together...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
and the fairmont was more popular that that alone, just think of the numbers when the zephyr is added into the equation...

but to make that fair, they would have to add in the firebuzzard/trans-am...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts