Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do 65 falcons with straight sixes have a counterweight on the throttle bar, because I think mine does and it is interfering with the v8 block when pedal is pressed down?

·
Registered
890 Posts
it should just be a spring on the carb end of the cable that pushes the pedal back down... you might be getting binding

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it needs a spring, but for some reason there is a bar that is welded to the throttle bar going down toward the transmission.

·
Registered
890 Posts
is there any way you can take a picture of it and post it? i'm not sure where exactly you are refering to...

·
Registered
890 Posts
that is prob the kickdown
i figured that, but i was curious on where the welded piece was exactly. it's not a throttle stop is it? or is that just for the idle?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There cell phone pictures so the quality is bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The pictures are by the fire wall next to the master cylinder. If that helps at all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
184 Posts
which trans are you going to be running with the 8 cyl??? you can get a universal one that you make fit, but if you are using a manual trans you will not need it

·
Registered
890 Posts
Whats a kickdown and what does it do? If it wasn't there would there be any problems?
do you have an automatic?
say you're on the highway, and you stomp the throttle, the kickdown forces the transmission to downshift, and makes you drive faster. the thing i love about fords is when they downshift, they kick like a mule...

·
Registered
890 Posts
jonzo gets by without a kickdown rod on his fairmont, but he manually downshifts it. he really neds to find the correct rod, or make one up like he's been saying for the last 2 years

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm running a C6 automatic from a 77 granada. As with the 302 and ford 9 in

·
Registered
890 Posts
do you have a rod that goes from the carb to the trans?

·
Registered
890 Posts
There cell phone pictures so the quality is bad.
that's not kickdown, but i don't know what that is. almost looks like shift linkage...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No rod from carb to trans, but when it rolled off the factory line the car came with a four speed that was converted to a c4 automatic.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts