Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob,
I would like to know who gave me a thumbs up. The other site was set up that way, would it be difficult to do the same here?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
it was probably me... sorry...

lol

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Does it really matter,are we keeping score

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
My thoughts exactly. We dont need this option. I asked to be removed from this option if we have to have user ID's known!

When you vote you do it anonymous, when you see when you get no votes you wonder what you did wrong not to get votes.

It will become a game because you will see I thumbed up you so you will thumb up me. In the end the good idea becomes a useless feature.

I dont need to know who gave me a thumbs up, I just need to know that I am doing a good job.

I am already pissed off about this feature being enabled posting user ID's. I will thumb up every post from now on because I feel if somebody thumbed up me and I see they did I feel obligated to do the same in return.

Everyone gets a thumbs up today!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Hey Mark,thanks for the thumbs up,I just gave you one for that awesome response.maybe I'll even add to your rep.

·
Registered
649 Posts
My thoughts exactly. We dont need this option. I asked to be removed from this option if we have to have user ID's known!
I will work on this to make it a switch PER user.

When you vote you do it anonymous, when you see when you get no votes you wonder what you did wrong not to get votes.
This will happen even IF names are turned off. If you post things that are NOT helpful, I am pretty sure you are not going to get the thumbs up clicks.

It will become a game because you will see I thumbed up you so you will thumb up me. In the end the good idea becomes a useless feature.

I dont need to know who gave me a thumbs up, I just need to know that I am doing a good job.
Again, I really feel people have BETTER things to do then game the system on a new forum. If SOMEONE is abusing the system, I will deal with them.

I am already pissed off about this feature being enabled posting user ID's. I will thumb up every post from now on because I feel if somebody thumbed up me and I see they did I feel obligated to do the same in return.
I am not 100% sure WHY you would feel this. Person Joe_Doe_1 gave you a positive rating. Not sure why you think you would have to do anything in return???

Everyone gets a thumbs up today!
Um, no, this is not helpful. We will have to continue this discussion in PM.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boghog,
I think I posted this previously, but perhaps not.

One of the reasons why I would like to know who gave me a thumbs up is because I generally am willing to go further out of my way to help people who are curteous and appreciative, of my efforts.

Far too often we spend time posting a helpful response, perhaps even looking up information to give a specific response, and the OP doesn't say thanks or give any recognition of the post in any manner what-so-ever. Its those little pats on the back that keeps us going.

Another reason is when someone who is particularly knowledgeable like you, or canuck623, gives me a thumbsup, then I know I was on the right track in my response, even though you didn't post in that thread. It is like a support system for me. If on the other hand I didn't know WHO gave me the thumbsUp I might assume that it was the OP, who may be clueless, and I may be leading him down the wrong track.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I help all members the same, regardless if they give me a negative or plus feedback. This forum is here to help all, not better help if you get positive feedback that is totally wrong on helping members! The way you are saying is like loving one of your Children more cause one gives you more hugs so you do more things for that Child, I treat all members here the same so I dont need the Thumbs up to know I did a good job.

Sounds all Democratic to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts