Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday night and I'm in chat talking to myself
11:00 PM Eastern

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Poppy where in NJ? My sister lives in cliffwood beach. My dad ran nascar modifieds at Flemington, Oldbridge, Trenton and a bunch of other tracks in NJ.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Since it seems to be a slow night I'll post some old modified pics.

1st pic is 1955 Long Island sponsored by Florsheim shoes 1940 Ford coup.
2nd pic New Smyrna beach - winter Fla. 1953 1940 Ford coup.
3rd pic is Islip speedway 1964 1937 chevy coup Freddy Harbach Driver.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Since it seems to be a slow night I'll post some old modified pics.

1st pic is 1955 Long Island sponsored by Florsheim shoes 1940 Ford coup.
2nd pic New Smyrna beach - winter Fla. 1953 1940 Ford coup.
3rd pic is Islip speedway 1964 1937 chevy coup Freddy Harbach Driver.
Very nice. I grew up going to Thompson speedway watching Geoff Bodine, Ronnie Bouchard, Fred Desarro, Bugs Stevens and the rest of the good ole boys.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Very nice. I grew up going to Thompson speedway watching Geoff Bodine, Ronnie Bouchard, Fred Desarro, Bugs Stevens and the rest of the good ole boys.
I remember them along with Ed Flemke and Rene Charland. There were literally hundreds of star drivers -NY,NJ,Mas.,Conn. I miss those days I spent the first 18 years of my life at tracks on the east coast. Sometimes 7 nights a week. I started my apprenticeship building modifieds with my dad. No drugs, no alcohol(lotsa methanol), just good clean fun.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I remember them along with Ed Flemke and Rene Charland. There were literally hundreds of star drivers -NY,NJ,Mas.,Conn. I miss those days I spent the first 18 years of my life at tracks on the east coast. Sometimes 7 nights a week. I started my apprenticeship building modifieds with my dad. No drugs, no alcohol(lotsa methanol), just good clean fun.
Pretty much the same for me. My father worked on modifieds so he would take me along. I raced sportsman type cars for 8 years but it just cost too much money.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys had a nice little chat.

Perhaps you didn't know that this site actually has a chat room similar to Aol's instant messenger. Its called "Flash Chat" you can get there by way of the "Community" drop down box.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
You guys had a nice little chat.

Perhaps you didn't know that this site actually has a chat room similar to Aol's instant messenger. Its called "Flash Chat" you can get there by way of the "Community" drop down box.
Yeah, I didn't think that we would be going on that long. I was using flash chat last night with someone else. It's a great tool to keep the forum from getting clogged up.

·
Registered
649 Posts
There is a chat button on the right side of most pages except when you view a thread.

And I am sad that I missed the chat! I went to Iron Man 2 last night.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well *I* said a lot of

Uhuh,
Yep,
I don't know, maybe.
Could be.
Sure.
Yeah, but it ... well maybe... yeah sure.

But the other me, just wouldn't shut up! I can't even remember what the heck he was saying because it wasn't too long before I stopped listening, and the other voices in my head kept trying to butt in!

Fortunately Eventually I put them all to bed, and went to sleep.
Next time, I'll give you a call and let you listen in :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts