Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys not posted in a while as I've had some great bon-docking in the 2005 E150 up and down California, Oregon and Washington. Went with my son; when he drives we get about 18mpg, but my average for the trip was like 19.2mpg so real pleased and after all my hard service work we went 3,500 miles with no issues.

Now I just need know how to align and tighten the steering wheel. Before I left on the trip I had an alignment but seems they did not tighten something right because if you turn hard right the steering wheel ends up pointing a little that way and if you then turn hard left if moves again to the left bias. Now I did go back to the shop that did the alignment and they said they would fix it but the gaffer was coughing and sneezing and he was wheezing and gasping for air and no one with masks so I decided not to go back.

An image with the relevant nits shown would be great.

Reactions: Action

·
Super Moderator
13,672 Posts
I think 2005 still had twin I beam, if correct caster and camber are not really adjustable. More caster would get the wheels and steering wheel to pop back to center.

Playing with tire inflation might give you some of that. Increase tire pressure by 2 pounds and see what happens. YOu could go 2 more after that.

Tightening is a whole bunch of other things .... in no particular order (again assuming twin I beam)
Loose king pins
Loose tie rods
Loose tire rod ends
Loose steering gear adjustment
Loose steering gear mounting
Loose I beam bushings
Mush of the above can have grease fittings. Make sure those fittings have been greased.

How many miles on it?

Action

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts