Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1991 E-350 Club wagon 5.8
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm going out to look at my cousins 2003 super duty with the 7.3 this weekend. Quick question. All lights work on the truck, but the brake lights and turn signals on the trailer stopped working. Both sides. At the same time. Does this truck have a converter on it? That's the only thing that I can think of that would knock out trailer only, both sides at the same time. Thoughts? Thank you, Mike J

·
Administrator
15,595 Posts
I don't think so.
However it should be equipped with trailer brake controller

For the trailer make sure the ground path for the lights is connected

Action

Reactions: Dominick 1

·
Registered
1991 E-350 Club wagon 5.8
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think so.
However it should be equipped with trailer brake controller

For the trailer make sure the ground path for the lights is connected

Action
Thank you for the reply. I'll be looking at it this weekend. I'll post again with what I find in an effort to be helpful to the next guy!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello! I'm going out to look at my cousins 2003 super duty with the 7.3 this weekend. Quick question. All lights work on the truck, but the brake lights and turn signals on the trailer stopped working. Both sides. At the same time. Does this truck have a converter on it? That's the only thing that I can think of that would knock out trailer only, both sides at the same time. Thoughts? Thank you, Mike J
On my GMC truck, there are separate fuses for the trailer lights. ie, one for left trailer signal, one for right trailer signal and so forth. Those are all in the load center under the hood. Not sure how the Ford is set up though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts