Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '09 e350 that came w/o the tow package, but there's a harness that's terminated on the drivers side frame rail right next to the spare tire - my guess is that this is for the trailer lights. Does anyone know for sure? I've checked a couple Ford part sites, but can't figure out what to search for to find this harness/trailer wiring. Doing this would be much easier than the Hoppy style connectors that tap the tail lights.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Is the connector a 7 wire connector. If so, that is probably the deadhead for the trailer tow harnass. There should be a plugin from ford for that, that goes to the connector on the trailer. You may also need a 7 to 4 pin adapter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm hoping the Ford part will give me a 7-wire connector. Right now I only tow an ATV trailer, but someday I hope to have a camper/toy hauler. If my local dealer's parts department didn't close at 5, I'd know for sure. I guess I'll have to wait until I can get there on a Saturday.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My local dealership has tried, but come up with nothing. They keep ordering a harness that intercepts the reverse sensors and has a 4 wire plug. The terminated plug I have has 7 wires. Can anyone tell me if the F series has a similar design? I'd hate to cut the factory plug, but I may have to. Anyone have a wiring diagram for the rear of an E350? It would save me some time if I knew what color wire did what.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts