Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that on my wife's 2008 Tribute, whenever she is stopped on an uphill and the brake is released, she rolls back not until i press the gas pedal a bit to keep her from rolling back. I think this is not normal because my 2003 Escape doesn't behave like this when i tried it also on an uphill. Both their idle speeds are the same, at around 800 rpm. What could be wrong? The Tribute is a V6 with only 39,400 km (23,593 miles) on it . Recently, she just had her transmission cooler changed because of oil leak.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the tranmissions isn't meant to hold the vehicle on a hill.Thats the job of the small black rectangle to the left of the gas pedal. No 2 transmissions are alike,some have a bit more line pressure than others and some bleed by more than others.What are you using to determine engine RPM,the vehicle tach.If so I wouldn't trust it to be that accurate especially at less than 1000RPM.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree with BogHogs above reply 100%. . . .
Also, I'll add, one of the very best ways I know to force early "retirement" on a A/T is use "it's motive/driving function" to hold a vehicle static on a hill or grade like that. . . :nono: Way Too Too much heat :mad5: gets generated too fast.
Just my $.02 on this subject.:thumbsup:
CIAO
FBp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.