Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! New to the forum. Unfortunately a problem has brought me here. last week the check engine light came on as I was on my way to work in my 2015 Fusion SE 1.5L eco boost. I stopped to get gas on my way home that evening and had trouble getting the car to start after I filled up. It would crank then die... it did this three times then started up strong. I put her on the code reader first thing when I got home and it came back with code P1450. (Unable to bleed up fuel tank vacuum) From my understanding the culprit could be a bad purge valve or some type of solenoid. Has anyone had this issue or have any light to shed on the situation?! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,170 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,932 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

That code pertains to the fuel system or more specifically the fuel tank.
As fuel is used out of the tank air has to replace the used fuel.
Except the tank and fuel system is closed to prevent fuel vapor from getting into the outside air
Different systems use different venting to the fuel tank, The venting allows for fuel vapor to escape the tank when there is pressure and air to replace the used fuel. If the means to allow fresh air into the tank is restricted or blocked, the pump will be hard pressed to move fuel out of the tank. No fuel, no running engine. That may or may not be accomplished at the cannister.

Assuming my guess is accurate, the diagnosis is rather simple. Remove the fuel cap and drive. If no stalling then you have a very good start as to the problem.

Please report back if you do this.

Action

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

That code pertains to the fuel system or more specifically the fuel tank.
As fuel is used out of the tank air has to replace the used fuel.
Except the tank and fuel system is closed to prevent fuel vapor from getting into the outside air
Different systems use different venting to the fuel tank, The venting allows for fuel vapor to escape the tank when there is pressure and air to replace the used fuel. If the means to allow fresh air into the tank is restricted or blocked, the pump will be hard pressed to move fuel out of the tank. No fuel, no running engine. That may or may not be accomplished at the cannister.

Assuming my guess is accurate, the diagnosis is rather simple. Remove the fuel cap and drive. If no stalling then you have a very good start as to the problem.

Please report back if you do this.

Action
i seem to remember either a recall or tsb for that problem. something about purge valve and hose?. worth a call to dealer. just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts