Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone...

So just got my new 2010 Escape with the Nav. and I'm lovn' it... However I'm having a slight issue getting my USB drive to be recognized... Now I'm obviously doing something wrong because as far as I understood I could plug most Flash Drives/Thumb Drives whatever name you use, and it should initialize the music on it... Well I've tried a few different ones with it formatted as FAT32 and also MAC Extended (Journaled) now each time it says the device isn't supported... I've looked online and people claim to just plug in their drives and they work, do I have it formated wrong or what the heck am I doing wrong... HELP... I want my music on it...

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
694 Posts
Seems like I've heard of this before. It was the drive itself for some reason. Have you tried different drives?

I haven't tried anything else on my SanDisk cruzer other than Sync updates but it works.

Also try the SyncMyRide site for Q/A.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Could it be that it requires it to be formatted NTFS ? instead of FAT32?

You may also want to check to see that you hadn't blown a fuse.

·
Registered
128 Posts
From what I've read, they have to be formatted FAT32. Make sure the thumb drive isn't locked, or has any other applications/software like the U3 password protection stuff, and that the music on there is in a format that SYNC can recognize.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am using a 32GB Kingston DataTraveler. It is formatted using FAT32 and loaded exclusively with MP3s. I haven't had any problems using it with SYNC.

My only thought, as another poster suggested, is "Is it loaded with other software?" I recently bought an external hard drive that came loaded with a bunch of "built-in" utilities that I didn't want. Could something like this be causing a problem for you?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've only connected my iPod, which just worked. Not sure how it's actually formatted.

Also, tested playing mp3s stored on my LG Dare mobile phone via bluetooth - thats also cool, though only have an 8GB card.

I would search around some of the other sync forums.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I get a message on mine saying Sync can not play this media device. It has copyright protection tracks, but all you have to do is say, "Sync" play USB and then tell it to play all. It will override the first error message.

I only had my 2010 Escape for 2 weeks and I'm still finding other issues, like my BT Sync voice commands not working on answering incoming calls. I have to tell it a few times before it answers.

I use a FAT 32 USB and make sure it only contains MP3 data and not any other misc data & stuff. My next project is to use my Zune player via line in jack.

If the voice command play all doesn't work, you can just select play on the stereo knob and that will work also, just make sure to select the play all. Once you got it past that point, you can use voice commands via Sync to select the artist or type of music and so forth.

Good Luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.