Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Anyone that has a complete vacuum diagram for my Ford Ltd convertible, 1971. 429 engine with automatic transmission, K vin. W/Vacuum Retard System(double diaphragm) . My mechanic dismantled all the lines and can't remember how it all was connected.
In advance thanks a lot for Your help.

With Best Regards
Hans-Ove

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,559 Posts
Are you just looking for engine vacuum routing?
Or need chassis vacuum?
Do you have a shop manual?
Does the car have AC?

Action

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you just looking for engine vacuum routing?
Or need chassis vacuum?
Do you have a shop manual?
Does the car have AC?

Action

Hi

Looking for the complete routing. I have got the gearbox up and running but need everything for the engine bay. The car has AC but currently not working. Need a new compressor for it, not my highest priority just now.

Thanks
With Best Regards Hans-Ove

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,559 Posts
Vacuum advance for stock ignition system with out RPM limiter and without distributor modulator

From top of Ported Vacuum Switch (PVS) on top of coolant outlet or in the water jacket of the intake manifold to carb port
From middle port of PVS to distributor vacuum advance unit the outer port or advance side.
From bottom port of PVS to intake manifold vacuum

From intake manifold to distributor vacuum advance retard side or inside port of vacuum advance

Action

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,559 Posts
65 Ford stalls when put into gear | Ford Automobiles (fordforumsonline.com)
For the diagram on in the link above, the fitting is in front of the carb and just behind the distributor

And for your application the stock air cleaner hot air door is NOT vacuum operated

Lastly if you want to reply to a post, just type in the next box down. Where is says "Write your reply"
If you click the "reply" word on an existing post it will quote all of the words that post. Kind of a poor set up I know.

Action

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,559 Posts
Chassis vacuum is taken from behind the carb and goes to a tree mounted on the cowl panel. The tree feeds:
The power brake booster
The automatic transmission
HVAC
And power door locks. (I think) my current LTD does not have power door locks. I had a 70 LTD and those locks were vacuum operated. Not sure if 71 was still vacuum operated.

Action

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,559 Posts
Trailer queen pony car owners that show for points will research stuff like this to get the "perfect" part and orientation down to the plant and date.
Anything that crosses into the pony car world has been researched to death.
PVS valves are one of those

Distributor Vacuum Control Valve | Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry

Action

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again, i can't express how much You helped me now. I have searched and searched the internet for this information without luck. I took mine out of the garage for the summer yesterday. Now it is going to be used every day until at least end of September.
Hans-Ove

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,559 Posts
Vacuum tree mounted to the cowl should be similar to this one

Action

Bicycle Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,559 Posts
Thanks again, i can't express how much You helped me now.
Hans-Ove
One way you can help out is to keep coming back and posting.
If you don't know what to post about, create a new thread about your car
How did you get it.

Pictures of what you are doing now.

Questions, comments or a joke!

Action

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,559 Posts
WOW

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought it here in Poland after it was imported from Chicago. It has taken me 2 years to rebuild it. Now going for the fun stuff, like electronic ignition and 4 port Holley or Edelbrook.😉

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.