Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked to see if recall 10B15 was entered under my VIN. They have added to the info. One is Sync version number.

Here's one I don't know: VHR ACTIVATED with a N which is for NO I guess!

Anybody want to hazard a guess at what VHR is? I searched the WorkShop manual and come up blank and you can't do a search in the PC/ED manual.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, sounds good but why no history? I have a history!!!! Why have the word ACTIVATED??

·
Registered
128 Posts
I thought it meant the Vehicle Health Report which the owner has the choice to turn on, just like the 911 Assist feature.

Ford SYNC Features - Hands free phone, music, ringtones, text messaging, directions, emergency services, & more. | FordVehicles.com

"When wondering if your vehicle's operating systems are performing properly, say "Vehicle Health" and a personalized online report will be created for your vehicle. Vehicle Health Report shows you vehicle diagnostics, scheduled maintenance information and recall information, and lets you schedule service online at SYNC Owner Center website ."

Since I live in South Korea, I never activated either one of those functions. Not sure how or if they would even work over here.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I thought it meant the Vehicle Health Report which the owner has the choice to turn on, just like the 911 Assist feature.

Ford SYNC Features - Hands free phone, music, ringtones, text messaging, directions, emergency services, & more. | FordVehicles.com

"When wondering if your vehicle's operating systems are performing properly, say "Vehicle Health" and a personalized online report will be created for your vehicle. Vehicle Health Report shows you vehicle diagnostics, scheduled maintenance information and recall information, and lets you schedule service online at SYNC Owner Center website ."

Since I live in South Korea, I never activated either one of those functions. Not sure how or if they would even work over here.

My VHR was only a guess... It sounded reasonable...
But I did a little searching on the net about it & it looks like You were correct...:thumbsup:

Vehicle Health Report (VHR)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I think that's it! It's the Sync update that most all dealers charge to install. I think that I got a $40 off coupon from my dealer for it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think that's it! It's the Sync update that most all dealers charge to install. I think that I got a $40 off coupon from my dealer for it.
Whats the Sync update about ?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
cool. now if only i can have one installed in my car, without putting a computer in it...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bill,

So are you saying that when you bought your vehicle, the 911 assist and VHR weren't already installed/available options as part of the SYNC package? Or are the options there but in order to activate or use them, you have to pay? When I first set up my stereo/SYNC, it asked me if I wanted 911 assist on or off; I chose off and after that, every time I started the vehicle, 10 seconds later the SYNC lady would inform me that "Sync has connected to your phone and is reminding you that 911 assist is turned to off." - which was pretty annoying till I finally figured out how to turn the message off.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Bill,

So are you saying that when you bought your vehicle, the 911 assist and VHR weren't already installed/available options as part of the SYNC package? Or are the options there but in order to activate or use them, you have to pay? When I first set up my stereo/SYNC, it asked me if I wanted 911 assist on or off; I chose off and after that, every time I started the vehicle, 10 seconds later the SYNC lady would inform me that "Sync has connected to your phone and is reminding you that 911 assist is turned to off." - which was pretty annoying till I finally figured out how to turn the message off.
No, this is a dealer only performed update. I received a postcard/coupon from my dealer sometime last year. I think normal install charge was $100 and my coupon was $40 off. Some have had it done for nothing!

The following is from the Sync site:

911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report
Version 2
Available beginning 3/2/2009: Two exciting new features are now available to provide even more capability to your SYNC system; 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report. 911 Assist provides automatic 911 dialing in the event of a crash that deploys your airbags and Vehicle Health Report provides you an up to the minute analysis of your vehicle systems to alert you to repair or maintenance needs as well as other critical vehicle information. See your local dealer for pricing and installation.

Note: 911 Assist is available in the U.S. and Canada. Vehicle Health Report is available in the U.S. only.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts