Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to finish restoring my 1968 Galaxie XL Fastback and just need a couple more items to complete. I need both driver and passenger armrests. I also need both rear interior panels. Lastly I need the two small lower rocker panel mouldings that are on the front fenders.
If ANYONE knows a good source to find these parts i would truly be thankful. I am scouring the web and just cant seem to get these items ;-(
Thanks for everyone who can offer some help or direction to vendors.
Good luck to all motorheads in your projects ;-)

·
Super Moderator
14,156 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

Arm rest - front or rear?

Arm rest base? There are a couple listed including a complete set.
Or pads? There are 6 listed on ebay and one is NOS

Rocker molding

Interior trim panels could be made. And here is a set. The XL may be different not sure

Action

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the response ;-) unfortunatelly for my year 1968 Galaxie XL Fastback all these items are specific to this year, thats why its difficult for me to find. im also looking for parting out sites etc trying to find these items but seem to keep missing out on vehicles that still have them. In any event i truly appreciate your efforts in helping another Ford guy.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Appreciate the response ;-) unfortunatelly for my year 1968 Galaxie XL Fastback all these items are specific to this year, thats why its difficult for me to find. im also looking for parting out sites etc trying to find these items but seem to keep missing out on vehicles that still have them. In any event i truly appreciate your efforts in helping another Ford guy.
Hello Toughtiger,

I have one of these cars too and I know what you mean about finding parts for. I've been collecting needed and spare parts for this thing for years. I haven't seen the arm rest pads for these years reproduced, you may have to make them yourself. The rear quarter cards are available in a few select colours atfermarket. Actually the door and rear quarter cards are available for the '68 XL in a few select colours.

Exterior trim is rare as hens teeth now-a-days. However you can look at the 68 LTD as it will have the same rocker style trim on the front wings. There is a fellow parting out Ford full size models, his name is George and I believe it's called NW Classics. His number should be 406-5432591. Give that a try.

Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts