Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna pick a 64 falcon shop manual up on ebay just cuz i like flipping through a manual... but in the mean time, have any of you found .pdf's online? i figure after 45 years.... there has to be a database or something.

specifically im looking for wiring diagrams.

thanks!
pete

·
Registered
890 Posts
wouldn't a 64 mustang diagram work?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
No, the number of decades that have passed does not suggest that there are copies of the shop manual online. Why?

COPYRIGHT LAWS

FoMoCo owns the material, not you or anyone who thinks they have a right to reproduce the material in digital form without Ford's knowledge.

The warning (read: "small print") stating such is printed in the front of all the shop manuals and it does not mean that since there was no internet "back they" you can skirt the issue, as it would still be reproduction of material owned by Ford.

But if you wish to pay Ford for the use of the material and publish it on the internet, all it takes is BIG $$$, BIG legal fees, and a contract that favors Ford.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Beware of the CD offers -- they reportedly don't work on Macs, and they're some sort of locked-up PDF that can't be printed out!

Just a week or two ago I found the Engine, Body/Chassis/Electrical, and Pre-Delivery Lubrication shop manuals on eBay in great condition for under $70 shipped. The seller's username was "carbook" and at the time there was another identical-looking acution for like $5 more.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, the number of decades that have passed does not suggest that there are copies of the shop manual online. Why?

COPYRIGHT LAWS

FoMoCo owns the material, not you or anyone who thinks they have a right to reproduce the material in digital form without Ford's knowledge.

The warning (read: "small print") stating such is printed in the front of all the shop manuals and it does not mean that since there was no internet "back they" you can skirt the issue, as it would still be reproduction of material owned by Ford.

But if you wish to pay Ford for the use of the material and publish it on the internet, all it takes is BIG $$$, BIG legal fees, and a contract that favors Ford.
that's all fine and dandy.... i don't care if it's legal or not, i just asked if someone had a source.... i have zero problems finding pdfs for my other project, & i'm sure chrysler copyrights their stuff too.....

pete

·
Registered
534 Posts
cd rom

I have bought some off of ebay, they are in great detail and break down each system best 15.00 I spent!!!!!
I have purchased them too off ebay and was very satisfied too

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I have a 1990 FORD Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting manual. No where in it does it say that the material is copywrited. I'm not saying that they do not copywrite their material, just that they may not copywrite everything, or at least some time in the past they did not copywrite everything.

·
Registered
890 Posts
i want a "code name fox" book it was put out by FoMoCo, and is really hard to find.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 1990 FORD Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting manual. No where in it does it say that the material is copywrited. I'm not saying that they do not copywrite their material,
just that they may not copywrite everything, or at least some time in the past they did not copywrite everything.[/QUOTE]

Don't bet your house on it, I know people who tried to get away with some minor "borrowing"/"reproduction" of info and jended up in Federal Court facing big buck lawyers.

Car companies have been in a position they need to find every cent they can get their hands on for about the last 15 years and they don't care how "small" the party to drag into court.

One local tried to use Ford's "Thunderbolt" name without Ford's permission, Federal judge told him the facts of life and hit him with a big fine. Many Ford enthusists reading see look at the name "Thunderbolt" and know exactally who it was. The US copyright laws are being enforced.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 1990 FORD Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting manual. No where in it does it say that the material is copywrited. I'm not saying that they do not copywrite their material, just that they may not copywrite everything, or at least some time in the past they did not copywrite everything.

The original warning I post was not aimed at you, just the people who read your request and see the word "internet" and "shop manuals" and get the wrong idea they can upload printed information as a "public service" to others.

I've been involved in the atuo hobby long enough that I can rattle off a list of parties (including one local who believes he is the "true leader of Ford enthusists") who felt they were too small to be taken to court by auto companies and lost their bet, bank accounts, home,properties, etc., etc.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have no house, I have no money, I have an 98 Windstar that I would be more than willing to give them.

BTW the word thunderbolt can not be copyrighted. The special design of it can be. But not the actual word. Just as they can't copyright mustang. The mustang logo is copyrighted but not the word. The actual car is a patented.. But I understand what you're trying to say.

·
Registered
890 Posts
what was the thunderbolt?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
alldata. i just got it for my "shop" just need to install it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts