Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, folks! I checked my coolant today and it's all brown and bad looking. Searching this forums seems indicate that it needs a coolant flush. I've already purchased the flush kit and am ready to cut the heating inlet hose in order to install the T, but I cannot find it. Can you all please post a picture showing where this hose is?

Also, where is the coolant drain plug? I am having trouble finding it.

Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, folks! I checked my coolant today and it's all brown and bad looking. Searching this forums seems indicate that it needs a coolant flush. I've already purchased the flush kit and am ready to cut the heating inlet hose in order to install the T, but I cannot find it. Can you all please post a picture showing where this hose is?

Also, where is the coolant drain plug? I am having trouble finding it.

Thanks so much!!!

I believe the hose you want to use is the one that goes from the heater core to the engine. The hoses are on the passenger side on the car and come out the fire wall, there will be two of them, a upper one and a lower one. The drain plug is on the driver side of the radiator on the bottom. It's a small plastic screw deal which you need to be very careful with. Just so you know there is a sticky how to flush your system that works a lot better, hope this helps

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the hose you want to use is the one that goes from the heater core to the engine. The hoses are on the passenger side on the car and come out the fire wall, there will be two of them, a upper one and a lower one. The drain plug is on the driver side of the radiator on the bottom. It's a small plastic screw deal which you need to be very careful with. Just so you know there is a sticky how to flush your system that works a lot better, hope this helps
Ok, so the heater inlet hose is on the passenger side, coming from the firewall and is higher up. Any chance you can point me to a picture? I want to make sure I have the right hose before I go before cutting anything.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I am not finding any illustrations worth anything. But let me say that any type of flushing will greatly be enhanced by removing the thermostat. The 1st thing the t/stat will do is when flushing close up. Just remove the thing, put the housing back on w/o t/stat. Flush it with the tee you have, or like the stickey. Or both. Then put a new t/stat and gasket in, a gallon of green concentrate coolant, some water and your good.

BTW, I really think that the heater inlet hose is the one on the drivers side since it originates at/near the t/stat. And the heater return hose is the one on the pass side since it returns the water to the water pump. Either would work for flushing tho.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thermostat idea sounds really good. Where is the tstat and how do I remove it? I read the sticky and it seems like a good way to do it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
The thermostat is located on the engine, in a housing, Follow the upper radiator hose back to the engine. That is where the thermostat lives.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
There are two little bolts that holds the housing on. The T stat is under it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah got it replaced today. I don't think the coolant has ever been flushed in 100,000 miles. I've drained it 6 times and the water is still dark brown.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
if i had one, or knoew someone near me with one, i'd gladly take a picture for you...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts