Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my laptop finally **** the bed and now the only access to the outside world I have is though my brother in laws computer once in awhile, until I can afford a new one. Mind you, it`s summer now and I`m super busy anyway trying to entertain my kids and work on my car. Oh and Vamp, I got my hood ornament yesterday, it looks great, thanks for the hook up!

·
Registered
86 Posts
what happened with the laptop? error messages? have a BA in computer science. so im willing to help you out maybe lean you in a direction to get it fixed

·
Registered
890 Posts
ok. i was starting to get worried about you... at least you're safe

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer James, but it was a catastrophic hardware failure that led to its demise ( overheated, caught fire ) I believe the cooling fan is to blame.My next computer will not be a laptop, but possibly one of HP's PC and monitor all in ones like my brother in law has, this thing is sweet!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Thanks for the offer James, but it was a catastrophic hardware failure that led to its demise ( overheated, caught fire ) I believe the cooling fan is to blame.My next computer will not be a laptop, but possibly one of HP's PC and monitor all in ones like my brother in law has, this thing is sweet!
I'm glad you posted that about the laptop.
I was kind of leaning toward one.
I Have 2 HP desktops an A1616N and A636N with a 20 inch monitor with builit in speakers.
HP is very hard to beat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have had 2 HP's so far and they have both been good. I've thought about maybe switching to a MAC but not sure if it's worth the extra cash.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just an FYI, my laptop was a 2 year old Dell inspiron. I wouldn't let my problem sway anyone from getting a laptop. I was thinking about gettin another laptop, but it really doesn't suit my needs anymore, so that is why I'm going with a desktop this time around.

·
Registered
890 Posts
or a bedtop

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ouch!

Heat is THE worst thing for your computer. if your computer is running quiet and you dont near a fan noise, check it, all fans make noise even the so called "noiseless fans". if you can feel heat off it from a foot or 2 away, you defiantly need more fans or you need to remove it from were it is (if its an enclosed place, tisk tisk) computer may seem like its not a big deal till you dont have one. once a month grab a can of in-dust and go to town on the inside, (whiles its off) dust can be a really bad thing if it build up. wow... ive rambled off again. lol sorry

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
The thing that drives the need for a FAST computer is games.
If there is a fairly wealthy community nearby, it is often possible to pick up a 5-6 year old computer that still does email, word processing, and internet well, for FREE, at the town's recycling center. Just a thought.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A few weeks ago a family lost thier home to a fire caused by a laptop on the sofa so they say... they can be dangerous.. glad it was only the comp that went to crap... you can allway use your librarys comps no??

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I could use the local libraries comps, but it's tough to make the time to drive ten minutes sometimes, my bro in law's place is closer, so I jump on his comp time to time. A used comp would be ok, but then you gotta clean out someone else's crap, would rather start with a new one.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
as long as he doesn't mind i guess... lol

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
so, his comp went to **** again...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can still get on once in awhile, but not everyday like usual.:sad: I will try to keep ya'll updated on the comp situation, trying to work on a deal right now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts