Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just thought I would share a few pics for the process of roping in rear side glass,( and any windows not glued incuding some windshields ).
just install glass rubber on glass first, put cord in the channel that gets pulled inward, position glass against frame, slowly pull rope bottom edge first, keep firm pressure on outsde, do sides that are easier working towards a corner that that will be the last point, you should be able to gently shimmy it to give an easier final pull into place, Just do it Slowly.
BE7DACA7-0003-4ECC-B613-C2E5CB074FC8.jpeg
1483FB97-9EAC-4BB1-BB8D-ABC862E826D7.jpeg
29203B53-1EA9-40BF-9983-473AFE2C71C0.jpeg
29270A96-4172-43CE-851D-8F41A13BBE33.jpeg
E0B290F1-FA6C-4FE4-A29E-FC2DD3E23134.jpeg
C285AB6C-12E8-4397-B50E-119E8E7D0508.jpeg
12A7948E-5320-4331-B054-70500987F78E.jpeg
57F507B3-1FD4-457B-8A35-E44A533313DB.jpeg

·
Registered
110 Posts
very nice, I'm in need of replacing the rear glass rubber seal on my 67 falcon 4door.
the glass guy said that i need to buy some new trim clips, because when he removes the metal trim some clips will not be usable. i can find the rubber seal but i have no idea what type of clips i need.
i thought about doing it myself but if i break the original back glass i don't know if or how much it would take to replace it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very nice, I'm in need of replacing the rear glass rubber seal on my 67 falcon 4door.
the glass guy said that i need to buy some new trim clips, because when he removes the metal trim some clips will not be usable. i can find the rubber seal but i have no idea what type of clips i need.
i thought about doing it myself but if i break the original back glass i don't know if or how much it would take to replace it.
Back glass, so yours is a sedan. if it is a rope in you shouldn't be needing any clips! If you have the stainless trim all around it there may be a couple of screws to hold the corners, i am just not familiar with a later model.
do you have any pics?
But in the meantime check out falcon parts.com and macs auto parts they are very extensive. Where did you buy the rubber from because if you need clips i am surprised they don't supply them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i haven bought the rubber yet and or clips.
still looking for the right/best to buy. dont want to do the ebay thing and something that was made for a pinto in stead of a falcon and have cone from overseas

·
Super Moderator
14,841 Posts
If you buy a part on Ebay and it is not as described, you can return it. The seller pays for everything. Shipping both ways and refunds the buyer for all costs.

Now if the buyer places an order and the items is exactly what was described and the buyer wants to return part, that is on the buyer. The shipping is paid for by the buyer and any return fee.

Ebay has a description spot for all items listed to state the country of origin. The seller has the option to list a country or leave it blank

Action

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i haven bought the rubber yet and or clips.
still looking for the right/best to buy. dont want to do the ebay thing and something that was made for a pinto in stead of a falcon and have cone from overseas
To be honest I avoid ebay like the plague. Falcon parts.come have them starting at $60 depending on wether you are a 2 or 4 door. Never had a problem with these guys ever. Macs are the same. And at least you can can call these companies and speak to a technician as well.

·
Super Moderator
14,841 Posts
To be honest I avoid ebay like the plague. Falcon parts.come have them starting at $60 depending on wether you are a 2 or 4 door. Never had a problem with these guys ever. Macs are the same. And at least you can can call these companies and speak to a technician as well.
Interesting. I sell on ebay.
I have a couple thousand selling transactions over the course of 6 to 7 years.
I buy parts on ebay as well. Macs too among other places, However I have a current bad experience at Macs. (Hose clamps)

Here is a thread for parts sources you might be interested.
Parts - sources | Ford Automobiles (fordforumsonline.com)

Action

·
Registered
110 Posts
i just bookmarked that ^^^^^^
so i talked to the glass guy i go to for all my cars and truck.
he said with it being the original glass for 67 he could remove the trim and glass but there is a slim chance that when removing the old glass might break. but most likely not. i was like huaaaaa hum. how hard would it be if i have to get a new back glass??????
so has anyone ever tried to inject/squirt sealant in between the glass and seal to stop a minor leak.
i only shows up during a hard rain and not flooding the inside but leaving that weathered rings in the old back deck.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
he said with it being the original glass for 67 he could remove the trim and glass but there is a slim chance that when removing the old glass might break. but most likely not. i was like huaaaaa hum. how hard would it be if i have to get a new back glass??????
so has anyone ever tried to inject/squirt sealant in between the glass and seal to stop a minor leak.
i only shows up during a hard rain and not flooding the inside but leaving that weathered rings in the old back deck.
most older glass shops have a squirt gun with a special tip to put the sealant in the rubber channel. works sometimes. usually where it's leaking gets rusty so the problem gets worse with time

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don’t understand why your glass guy thinks he might break the glass, if it is glued in ( actually a type of silicone adhesive SIKA is the top brand) then he just cuts it out like a regular windshield, if its in the rubber moulding then he just cuts the moulding. I would be more worried about him damaging the trim.
like redrag mentioned if it’s been leaking a long time then the frame could be comprised.
Any good glass shop can attempt to seal the leaks with SIKA. It will either work or fail.
Can anyone tell this owner if the 67 rear window is glued in or roped in. Hang in there 2thpik, cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts