Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over the weekend a stone from a careless driver hit my windshield and cracked and chipped it. The size of crack was about 1/2". I called Safelite on Sunday and they had someone at my house Monday morning and repaired it. The repair was free through my insurance company (not part of my deductible).

I just wanted to say working with Safelite was great. The tech was knowledgeable, fast, and friendly. He even cleaned the outside of all the windows and vacuumed the front floor areas. The repair looks great. The only think visible now from the original crack is a very small dimple.

Based on this experience I would highly recommend Safelite.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Some companies do a good job, others do not. In Arizona if you have a repair done your insurance company will send you a letter that says you now can not have that windshield replaced under the policy for a year. They will refer you back to the repairing company for payment. Everyone should check their own policy. That simple no cost to you repair costs your insurance company more than a new windshield in some cases.

·
Registered
109 Posts
On my Fusion, I recently had a similiar experience with safelite; very professional. To contrast this a bit, it was a pea sized chip and was left practically invisible (I can't be certain where exactly it was although I know the general area).

I learned a lesson here as I had a previously had a similiar chip (size and shape was very close) which was about 6 inches away. I pulled into a service station 6 - 9 months ago where a couple of guys were setup to perform chip repairs offering the free repair.

I figured what the heck they seemed legitimate so I went for it figuring I'd save time since they were already to get it done. At the time I was fine with what they did but the chip was left fully visible. Comparing how they performed the repair, they used some cheap little suction cup device while Safelite set up some framed device across the entire windshield.

The bottomw line; Safelite good - dudes at a gas station bad. Most established glass shops would probably offer a comparable service to Safelite... as would most dudes staking out the gas stations. Food for thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts