Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 99 ford explorer.The front wipers work but the wiper fluid pump wont pump fluid to the windsheild.The pump works,i had it out and on the bench and hooked the battery charger to it and it started working.Inside the cab,you can push the end of the blinker handle and the wipers come on but no wiper fluid.the rear wiper and fluid does not work either and it works of a different switch on the console beside the radio.I pulled the plug at the wiper fluid pump and it is not getting power,the fuses are good.Today i switched out the turn signal,wiper controls,highbeams switch,the whole handle and it still dosent work.does anybody have a schemematic or a link to one or have any recomendations,i sure would appreciate it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have replaced the multifunction switch twice and still cant get the wiper fluid to work.When i replace the switch i lose intermittin wiper function so i have put the old switch back in till i can get some help.I replaced the rear wiper motor,the control switch on the dash and still cant get the rear wiper to work......Come on guys what am i missing here .....all the fuses are good and the relays seem to check out

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
can you hear the pump running when you're inside the truck?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
never did hear the pump.I hooked the battery charger up to the pump and it works,its not getting power to the pump

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked all the relays and according to the the crappy haynes book i have there should be no continuity between terminal 30 and 87 and they all checked good.In the fuse box under the hood #3 relay at one time was just sitting there clicking away when i tried to use the rear wiper

·
Registered
798 Posts
You need to get it scanned with a one capable of reading "B" codes.
Here's few diagrams.

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
Those are the DTC's you can get......... with the proper scanner. Without the right scanner you'll just be guessing.
Let me know what codes you get an I can post the repair info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts